Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Free Estimates Today

Even though things are slowing down as summer approaches, I still have several appointments set up from the last two months. If things get really slow, like last summer, I may head to Philadelphia to see if I can draw more business from that huge tri-state area, PA, NJ and NY, that is known for high radon levels. I will keep you posted.

Wednesday was an adventure in that I drove 46 miles to my first "free appointment" only to find nobody home. Since I didn't want to waste the trip, I went to the local Costco and a few other local establishments that I usually reserve for Saturdays. I then proceeded to my 12:00 appointment in Brentwood, who was, thankfully, home.

10:00 a.m. Franklin-No apparent signs of life:
10:15 a.m.-Costco:
I noticed Costco doesn't carry normal incandescent light bulbs any more. They just have those curly-cue looking energy saver bulbs that are basically crap. What a pain in the neck these energy Nazis are, for sure. I had to go to Lowes to get "normal" bulbs. I got a bunch, in the big boxes and I suggest you do too, before they all disappear, for good.

Everyone who actually does want to save energy would do well to install one of these attic fans in their house before it gets stinkin' hot.

 A beautiful day........

12:00 A Brentwood crawlspace:
I will probably give an estimate to seal the entire space with 6ml vapor barrier...

2:00-bought this awesome combo ratcheting screwdriver at Lowes:

3:30 Headed Home:
Old Tractor on Rt 96




No comments:

Post a Comment