Thursday, December 22, 2011

HRV Maintenance

I returned to a Nashville residence for my 1 free maintenance call on a heat recovery ventilator I installed in the summer. I had wanted to return anyway, because I wasn't crazy about the zip ties I had used to secure the ducting to the unit. They had been to short for the 8" diameter sleeves, about 24", so I picked up some 36" heavy duty zip ties at Home Depot on the way over. This is the Fantech SHR-2004 model:


Air intake vent through the outside wall
Looks like the screen on the intake vent is pretty dirty!

Exhaust Vent showed plenty of outflow.
Duct tape for cleaning the vent screen

A little debris from the intake vent screen

36" zip-ties are plenty long for a secure grip for the ducting

This duct is securely held in place for life!

Time to open the unit itself

Flip the latches down and out to open the door.




The HRV Core

Slide it out.....

Vacuum the screens, or "soak in soapy water for 3 hours" if super-dirty

The ever-present dead insect population




Slide core back into place after cleaning


Slide door on the hinges on top from left to right

Close latches

Good for another year of radon removal

No comments:

Post a Comment